In arithmetic sessions the children will be taught:
- The formal written methods for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- To multiply and divide by 10, 100 and 1000.
- To square and cube numbers.
- To use the inverse to solve empty box questions.
- To add and subtract fractions.
- To multiply and divide fractions.
- To find percentages of quantities.
- To add, subtract, multiply and divide decimal numbers.
Example Arithmetic Paper
Below is an example of the 2016 SATs arithmetic paper. Every year the format is very similar. You will see a range of the above skills as you scroll through the paper.